(This is a Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt Position)
General Purpose of the Position:
The Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF) is an independent, non-profit organization that provides programs and services for Episcopal entities in the areas of visioning and planning, leadership
and financial resource development. The Program Associate/Receptionist provides support to both the administrative and programmatic aspects of ECF and involves a broad and diverse range of clerical, administrative, analytical and client-related duties and responsibilities.
Supervisory and Other Contacts:
The Program Associate reports to the Managing Program Director-Endowment, Planned Giving & Donor Solutions, and works closely and collaboratively with members of the Management Team and all other staff as well as external organizations, vendors, donors, and constituents from Episcopal dioceses, parishes, and other entities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answers telephones, directs calls, receives guests and provides information on ECF’s programs, products and services to members of the public.
2. Provides information to constituents (clients/donors) as requested and directs them to appropriate resources and staff as needed.
3. Provides general clerical support including correspondence, database input and maintenance, photocopying, document production, coordinating and processing of in-house mailings, package tracking, filing and food deliveries.
4. Provides administrative and program support and assistance to the all departments including confidential customer/donor assistance, updating constituent records, processing online donations/registrations and review of reports.
5. Performs a broad range of administrative duties, including monitoring/ordering office supplies, assembly of promotional materials and tasks associated with meetings, webinars, workshops and other ECF events.
6. Provides assistance and administrative support to program staff involved with ECF’s endowment accounts, life income gifts, donor advised funds and other special donor gifts by responding to requests for information, confidential client/constituent contacts, processing gifts and deposits and preparing related correspondence and filing.
7. Works collaboratively and collegially with all staff in the exercise of these duties and responsibilities.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Associate Degree or equivalent; three or more years of relevant administrative experience.
· Experience with customer relations and client services.
· Knowledge of multiple databases and social media applications with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
· Vocational or volunteer experience with nonprofits desirable.
· Knowledge of Episcopal Church or other faith based institutions desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
Detail oriented and capable of coordinating time-sensitive tasks; strong customer service; ability to meet deadlines and coordinating priorities; demonstrated experience with databases with Raisers Edge preferred; strong computer skills - MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; high degree of accuracy; strong written and spoken communication skills.
This position is based in ECF’s offices in New York City at 475 Riverside Drive.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits pursuant to ECF’s policies with an estimated annual salary range of $ 44K to $ 48K depending on experience
ECF is committed to supporting a diverse staff. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter to James Murphy, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16, 2020.