ECF’s grant proposal entitled “From Economic Challenges to Transformational Opportunities” will provide lay and clergy leaders of the Episcopal Church with resources, tools and other support to help address the financial and leadership challenges of congregational ministry in the 21st century. Recent developments include:
- Second Boot Camp for rectors and lay leaders held June 8-10, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia with fourteen congregations from 10 Province IV dioceses. In collaboration with the Church Pension Group (CPG), the in-person event for newer clergy and their lay leaders with training on collaboratively addressing the challenges of parish finance and administration, vision and planning, stewardship and fundraising, and team leadership.
- Third Boot Camp for Episcopal Divinity School alumni and seminarians held on June 22-24 on Cape Cod, included non-Episcopal denominations.
- Fourth Boot Camp held in Spanish on August 19, 2017 with the Diocese of Washington.
- Church Pension Group (CPG)-ECF Leaving Seminary Regional pilot held September 8-9, 2017 in, in Short Hills, New Jersey and September 22-23, 2017 in Austin, TX for invited seminarians from 40 dioceses. An orientation to personal finance, financial planning and literacy, and parish finance and administration.
- Ministerial Excellence Fund (MEF) pilot providing grants to entrepreneurial clergy through three dioceses distributed 2017 grants.
Special Projects Director