Part-time Project Assistant
Lilly Endowment Initiative: “From Economic Challenges to Transformational Opportunities”
The mission of the Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF) is to strengthen the strategic, leadership and financial capabilities of Episcopal congregations, dioceses, and organizations to pursue their mission and ministry.
ECF is seeking a motivated individual to assist in the implementation of ECF’s Lilly Endowment Initiative “From Economic Challenges to Transformational Opportunities.”
The purpose of the Initiative is to provide lay and clergy leaders support and resources to adequately address the financial and leadership challenges of congregational ministry in the 21st Century.
General Purpose of the Position:
The Part-time Project Assistant will work a flexible schedule of eight – ten hours per week and has the responsibility of assisting the ECF/Lilly Project Director in implementing the programmatic components of the Initiative. This position is located at ECF’s offices at The Interchurch Center, 120th Street & Riverside Drive, NY, NY, and is available now to start.
Supervisory and Other Contacts:
The Part-time Project Assistant reports to and is subject to the general oversight of the ECF/Lilly Project Director. This person will be required to work collaboratively with other ECF staff, consultants, vendors, and Episcopal organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the ECF/Lilly Program Director in the implementation of the Initiative.
- Provide programmatic and general administrative support, including, but not limited to, responding to inquiries, scheduling meetings, maintaining files and databases, communicating with constituents and participants, preparing materials for events and tracking program expenses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, requirements and abilities:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to proofread content on a regular basis.
- Good knowledge of computer technology and applications, including email and content management systems.
- Attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- A passion for learning and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
This position pays $25.00 per hour with no additional benefits.
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume by no later than April 18, 2017:
Special Program Director
Episcopal Church Foundation
475 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10115
The Episcopal Church Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.