Development and Communications Associate
General Purpose of the Position:
The Development and Communications Associate supports the internal fundraising, development and communications efforts of the Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF), which is coordinated by the Leadership, Communications, and External Affairs team. This individual will assist in the development and execution of an annual fundraising and development plan, provide ongoing research and support in the identification and cultivation of major donors and assist in the general marketing and communications of all aspects of the organization. This position is based at ECF’s New York office.
Supervisory and Other Contacts:
The Development and Communications Associate reports to the Director of Communications and will work closely with the other staff, especially ECF’s President, Executive Assistant and both internal and external development consultants. This position does not have direct supervisory responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the creation of an annual development plan that incorporates a range of strategies, including board/advisor gifts, annual appeals, major donors and grants.
- Manages the administrative aspects of ECF’s fundraising and development initiatives.
- Assists in the production and implementation of appeal campaigns and other fundraising communications and strategies.
- Assists in grant research and tracking.
- Creates and maintains donor mailing lists on ECF’s database systems.
- Assists in the identification and cultivation of major donors; supports the President and others in personal solicitations.
- Supports the work of the Executive Assistant in donor acknowledgement.
- Supports and assists in ECF’s external communications including, but not limited to, website, printed materials, press releases, e-marketing and social media.
- Assists in the coordination of related events and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
● 1-3 years of relevant fundraising/communications experience
● Bachelor’s degree
● Demonstrated ability and enjoyment in working on a collaborative, results-driven team
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Technically proficient, detail-oriented, with the demonstrated ability to carry out multiple projects simultaneously
● Familiarity with database systems and donor research tools, ideally Raiser’s Edge and Wealth Engine
● Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and email marketing systems
● Knowledge of the Episcopal Church or other faith based organizations strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with benefits pursuant to ECF’s policies and a salary range of $50,000 to $55,000 depending on experience.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume no later than March 20, 2018 to:
Director of Communications
Episcopal Church Foundation
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 750
New York, NY 10115