Register for ECF's Winter 2016 Webinars!
December 16, 2015
GET YOUR NEW YEAR OFF TO A GREAT START!
ECF's free webinars are a great way to get your congregational leadership teams engaged in the strategic, leadership, and financial topics that are essential to the health of your congregation. This winter’s lineup includes vestry orientation, endowment investment strategies for 2016, senior warden ministry, vestry retreat planning, and basics of a capital campaign. Get your teams registered today!
- Vestry Orientation, January 14, 2016 at 7 PM ET: This web conference will help you understand roles, responsibilities, and best practices for vestries. Presented by ECF Leadership Resources staff.
- [Spanish] Orientación de la junta paroquial, 19 de enero 2016, 19:00hora de este: Este webinar le ayudará a entender los papeles, responsabilidades, y las mejores prácticas para la junta parroquial. Presentado por el Rev. Juan Ángel Monge, Asesor de ECF.
- Investment Strategies for Endowments/Invested Funds for 2016, Jan 27, 2016 at 7 PM ET: 2015 proved to be a volatile year for investments. How should you position your endowment/investment fund portfolio for 2016? Led by Ken Quigley, ECF Program Director for Endowments.
- Senior Warden Ministry: Mission Impossible?, Jan 28, 2016 at 7 PM ET:“Your Mission, potential senior warden, should you choose to accept it…” Presented by Anne Schmidt and Christopher S. Ayres, former and current Senior Wardens of the Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration, Dallas, TX.
- Choosing a Planned Giving Shepherd for your Church, Feb 3, 2016 at 7 PM ET: Selecting the best person(s) to lead your planned giving efforts is an important step in building and sustaining your program. Led by Jim Murphy, ECF Managing Program Director for Financial Resources.
- Vestry Orientation, February 4, 2016 at 7 PM ET: This web conference will help you understand roles, responsibilities, and best practices for vestries. Presented by ECF Leadership Resources staff.
- Making the Most of Your Vestry Retreat, Feb 16, 2016 at 7 PM ET: Vestry retreats are investments of time, energy and (often) money. This one-hour webinar will provide an overview of a design process for vestry retreats that will help you make the most of these investments. Presented by The Rev. Nathan Kirkpatrick, Managing Director of Alban at Duke Divinity School.
- Basics of a Capital Campaign, Feb 17, 2016 at 7 PM ET: This webinar will provide a step-by-step understanding of the methodology that has led hundreds of Episcopal parishes to capital campaign success. Presented by Leslie Pendleton, ECF Associate Program Director.
- Models for Vestry Leadership of Faith Formation, Mar 8, 2016 at 7 PM ET: So your vestry has a handle on the financials. But how are you doing as leaders and stewards of your church's faith formation ministries? Presented by Lisa Kimball and Kyle Oliver, Center for the Ministry of Teaching, Virginia Theological Seminary
- Developing a Leadership Covenant, Mar 10, 2016 at 7 PM ET: This hour-long webinar explores a theological understanding of “covenant” and presents strategies for developing a covenant within a vestry. Presented by David Keck, author of Healthy Churches, Faithful Pastors: Covenant Expectations for Thriving Together
Want to see where else ECF will be offering workshops throughout the Episcopal Church? Check out the full ECF Events Calendar which includes both the webinars listed above as well as the on-site workshops we will participating in across the Church.