Position Available: External Affairs Assistant (Part Time)
January 20, 2015
General Purpose of the Position:
ECF is looking to fill the position of External Affairs Assistant with someone who is eager, hardworking, committed to ECF’s mission, with a proactive, “can do” attitude. This position provides administrative and technical support to the marketing, public relations, and fundraising operations of the Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF).
Supervisory and Other Contacts:
The External Affairs Assistant reports to the Senior Marketing Director, provides support to the Director of Development and works closely with other ECF staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- E-communications support including writing, formatting and preparing, and sending email blasts, managing email preferences, preparing email lists
- Database (Raiser’s Edge) administration including record updates, queries and exports, event setup and management, processing of event registrations and online donations, and developing custom reports
- Website maintenance and updates, and social media initiatives
- Planning and administrative support for events
- Manage in house donor mailings, including list generation and mail merges
- In-depth donor research
- General clerical and administrative support to the External Affairs department including proofreading and editorial assistance, photocopying and mailing preparation
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree. This position is based in New York.
Knowledge, Ability and Skills:
Excellent written and oral skills; results and detail oriented; database management experience; excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign); familiarity with website CMS systems, strong working knowledge of Raisers Edge; comfortable with social media platforms. Ability to manage projects end-to-end, keeping stakeholders apprised of project status, and meet critical deadlines.
Hours and compensation: 20 hrs/ week; hourly rate based on experience.
Interested candidates should please email cover letter and resume; references upon request.
Episcopal Church Foundation